Cosmetic Tattooing Pre- Procedure
If you are thinking about Cosmetic Tattooing, you are making an investment in yourself. We are confident this procedure will put a pep in your step and make you feel great about yourself. Before we begin, we want to help you understand what to expect and we want to make sure you get great results, which requires that you follow appropriate pre- and post-care instructions.
Below is some information on Cosmetic Tattooing Procedures along with Pre and Post- care advice for you to read thoroughly before your appointment. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on Face book or at the salon.
ALL COSMETIC TATTOOING PROCEDURES ARE MULTI SESSION PROCESSES and will require a touch up after 6-8 weeks. This appointment is included in the initial price as long as it is performed within the 2 months of the initial application. Failure to do so will occur in an extra charge. If you book your touch up appointment and fail to show or cancel within 48 (business hours), you will be charged $50 to reschedule your appointment. Some individuals may require more than one touch up to get desired results.
BE PREPARED FOR THE COLOUR INTENSITY AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE TO BE SIGNIFICANTLY DARKER AND MORE PROMINENT than what is expected until your skin heals. It takes roughly 7-10 days for the outer layer of your skin to heal over, after this period you will notice the colour will soften and you may loose approximately 30-50% of colour. At your touch up the practitioner is then able to correctly assess the colour and make any adjustments required.
PRE – PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS
- Any waxing or tinting should be done at least 48hrs prior to procedure.
- Please don’t wear heavy makeup to your appointment. The technician will need to remove the makeup around your eye area. This way the technician can determine your true skin colour and undertones, this is vital for us to choose the right colour. You will receive a complimentary eye mask during your treatment and we can apply any make up at the end of the treatment
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one month prior to treatment
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have botox/filler 3 weeks prior
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Please be aware that having a procedure done while on your menstrual cycle can make you hypersensitive.
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
Eye and Lip Procedures:
- No mascara or eyelash extensions are to be worn with any eyeliner treatments. Extensions can not be applied until after the healing process is complete.
- Since the delicate skin or sensitive areas may swell slightly or redden, some clients feel it is best not to make any social plans after the procedure. Please keep in mind that everyone reacts differently to these procedures.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following the eyeliner procedure. Remember to bring your glasses. You may resume wearing contact lenses as soon as your eyes return to their pre-tattooed condition
- If you are having lip procedures and have a history of Cold Sores/fever blisters/herpes simplex, you will be required to obtain the proper antiviral tablets by a prescription or over the counter to prevent an outbreak. (Take Lysine 5 days before your treatment, take a double dose on the day of and the day after treatment, then continue normal dosage for another 5 days). If tablets are not taken you can be at high risk of a break out, this will cause tattoo pigment to fall out in areas of sores.
POST PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS
Do not expose your healing skin to direct sun, wind, tanning beds, hot water, saunas, salt water, pool water for at least 7-10 days following the procedure.
- Do not use any soaps, cleansers or moisturizers or makeup in the pigmented area until it is completely healed. You may continue to use these products on the rest of your face but make sure you are careful to apply around the treated area.
- Do not touch, rub or traumatize the pigments area. Do not pick, peel or scratch your healing skin as you may cause uneven healing of pigment, or you may risk infection or scarring.
- You will be instructed to use an antiseptic aftercare cream for 7-10 days while the treated area is healing, this will help the skin stay moist to ensure the treated area heals well, and helps prevent any infection
- Please keep the area from getting wet during the first week of healing as this can affect result.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL RECEIVE A DETAILED AFTER CARE FORM AT YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH FULL POST- CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOU TO TAKE HOME.
Any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Facebook: Signature Brows & Beauty
SUNSHINE COAST ☀️ ACT Member 🖋
✨Advanced #cosmetictattoo & Removal
✨Non Surgical Eyelifts/Wrinkle Removal
✨ZipPay & Afterpay
Error: Access Token for signaturebrowsandbeauty is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.