Cosmetic Eyebrow Tattoo: The Basics
A cosmetic eyebrow tattoo is the perfect tool for anyone who wants to change or improve the shape, look and even thickness of their eyebrows. It’s eyebrow architecture; you can change, shape or embolden your eyebrows in one simple procedure!
A cosmetic eyebrow tattoo is a semi-permanent tattoo procedure that uses a special, very precise handheld blading pen. This pen is used to draw or tattoo onto the skin mimic-eyebrow hairs. Instead of a tattoo tool, this pen uses tiny, fine-point needles that create a small, disposable type of blade and handle which creates the mimic-eyebrow hair and leaves the ink deposits in the skin. While it is similar to getting a tattoo, the ink used is far less concentrated, which is why eyebrow blading is semi-permanent.
All these factors work together to create realistic, natural-looking hair strokes, helping you achieve the ideal eyebrow shape you’ve always wanted!
Cosmetic Eyebrow Tattoo
The cosmetic eyebrow tattoo has become one of the hottest new trends in cosmetic tattooing. It’s a safe, affordable and relatively painless way of finding the look that suits you. If you’re considering getting cosmetic eyebrow tattoos for yourself, here are some added benefits you can look forward to!
- No more smudging: Cosmetic eyebrow tattoo blading plants the colour pigments into the top layer of your skin. This makes it an ideal choice for those who are active – leave your worries of makeup smudges at the door the next time you head to your Pilates or Yoga class!
- Reduce the time it takes to get ready in the morning: We all know how long it can take to get ready in the morning – especially as we all want to look our best! Since eyebrow blading is semi-permanent, you won’t have to worry about spending time on filling in your eyebrows every day.
- Virtually painless: Strong numbing agents are used during cosmetic eyebrow tattoo blading, meaning you won’t experience any pain when you have your brows modelled and shaped.
- Long-lasting results: This non-invasive, pain-free procedure provides fantastic results, no matter what your eyebrows look like before you get it done. As a semi-permanent tattoo, you also won’t have to head to the salon every time you’re invited out to a party!
- Hassle and maintenance-free: Apart from a few touch-ups, cosmetic eyebrow tattoo blading leaves you with eyebrows that require very little maintenance. Say goodbye to plucking and waxing, and say hello to long-lasting, gorgeous brows!
- Simple solution for those without brows: A cosmeitc eyebrow tattoo is the perfect solution for those who have lost their eyebrow hair due to illnesses or procedures like chemotherapy. Easily regain natural-looking brows and enjoy!
- Safe and effective: There are no side-effects to cosmetic eyebrow tattoos, and the procedure itself is quick, painless and completely safe.
Cosmetic Eyebrow Tattoo
Fresh New Brows
Whether it’s your first time, or you’re a seasoned brow-connoisseur, getting a cosmetic eyebrow tattoo can seem scary – we know! However, the Signature Brows team believes that investing in an eyebrow tattoo is making an investment in yourself; your appearance, your self-esteem and your confidence. We are committed to enhancing your natural features in a way that suits you and makes you feel gorgeous, and are confident that a cosmetic eyebrow tattoo is just what you need to put the pep back in your step!
If you’re not sure about getting your cosmetic eyebrow tattoo, here are some reasons to consider continuing with the procedure:
Balances and Enhances your natural facial features
Cosmetic Tattoos Give You More Time in the Morning
Keeps You Looking Younger
Cosmetic Tattoos Make You Look Your Best
Waxing and Sugaring Brows
Professional Cosmetic Eyebrow Tattoo Services
Pre & Post Procedure
We can’t wait to get started on your cosmetic eyebrow tattoo. With long-lasting results that will leave you feeling like your best self, we’re confident that you will love your cosmetic eyebrow tattoo as much as we do!
Before we get started on a fantastic pair of eyebrows, or get to work on emboldening your eyes, or even before we get stuck in on creating luscious lips, we want to help you understand what to expect during and after your procedure. We want to make sure you get great results, which requires that you follow appropriate pre- and post-care instructions.
Below is some information on cosmetic tattooing procedures, along with pre and post- care advice for you to read thoroughly before your appointment. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on Facebook or at the salon.
All cosmetic tattooing procedures are require multiple sessions, and will need a touch up after 6-8 weeks. This appointment is included in the initial price as long as it is performed within two months of the initial application. Failure to do so will occur in an extra charge. If you book your touch up appointment and fail to show or cancel within 48 (business hours), you will be charged $50 to reschedule your appointment. Some individuals may require more than one touch up to get desired results.
Be prepared for the colour intensity of your lips, lashes or eyeline after your procedure. It is significantly darker and more prominent than what is expected, until your skin heals. It takes roughly 7-10 days for the outer layer of your skin to heal over. After this period, you will notice that the colour will soften and you may lose approximately 30-50% of colour. At your touch up appointment, the practitioner is then able to correctly assess the colour and make any adjustments that are required. We can also look at waxing and sugaring as well.
- Any waxing or tinting should be done at least 48hrs prior to procedure.
- Please don’t wear heavy makeup to your appointment. The technician will need to remove the makeup around your eye area. This way the technician can determine your true skin colour and undertones, this is vital for us to choose the right colour. You will receive a complimentary eye mask during your treatment and we can apply any make up at the end of the treatment
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one month prior to treatment
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have botox/filler 3 weeks prior
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Please be aware that having a procedure done while on your menstrual cycle can make you hypersensitive.
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
- Do not expose your healing skin to direct sun, wind, tanning beds, hot water, saunas, salt water, pool water for at least 7-10 days following the procedure.
- Do not use any soaps, cleansers or moisturizers or makeup in the pigmented area until it is completely healed. You may continue to use these products on the rest of your face but make sure you are careful to apply around the treated area.
- Do not touch, rub or traumatize the pigments area. Do not pick, peel or scratch your healing skin as you may cause uneven healing of pigment, or you may risk infection or scarring.
- You will be instructed to use an antiseptic aftercare cream for 7-10 days while the treated area is healing, this will help the skin stay moist to ensure the treated area heals well, and helps prevent any infection
- Please keep the area from getting wet during the first week of healing as this can affect result.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL RECEIVE A DETAILED AFTER CARE FORM AT YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH FULL POST- CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOU TO TAKE HOME.
Any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Facebook: Signature Brows & Beauty
Cosmetic Eyebrow Tattoo
If you’re new to eyebrow tattoos, we’ve answered some of the most common questions our clients have about it below. If we’ve missed something, let us know!
How long does a cosmetic eyebrow tattoo last?
Eyebrow tattoos can last up to three years, though realistically, your brows will start to fade and require redoing between 12-18 months after your first procedure. The lifetime of your new brows also depends on your skin type, and those with oilier skin may see their brows fade slightly faster.
While a cosmetic eyebrow tattoo does not discolour, the saturation of the brows will fade over time.
Does getting a cosmetic eyebrow tattoo hurt?
The procedure is not painful, thanks to the numbing agents used, but you will feel a small, persistent scratching sensation while your eyebrows are being worked on.
Will my eyebrows look fake?
Definitely not! Our eyebrow blading services are handled by trained professionals who can advise you on the best shape and colour that would suit your face. We ensure that you leave with natural-looking brows that are perfect for you!
Can I wear makeup after getting my eyebrows done?
The healing aspect of an eyebrow tattoo is very important. Because of this, we recommend that our clients wait until the scabbing period is over before applying any makeup on, around or near your fresh new brows.
How long does it take to heal?
The time it takes for your eyebrows to heal depends on you, though there is an average of 10-12 days. You will need to properly care for your eyebrows during this time to ensure they heal properly, and that the finished look is the results you wanted!